If not, then let me suggest the 2010 Lincoln Symposium at the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum in Harrogate, TN. Here’s a list of the scheduled presenters:
- Frank Williams, author of Judging Lincoln and former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Rhode Island
- Thomas Turner, author of Beware the People Weeping
- Jason Emerson, author of The Madness of Mary Lincoln
- William Harris, author of Lincoln’s Last Months, Lincoln’s Rise to the Presidency, and With Charity for All.
- Kim Bauer, Director of the Lincoln Heritage Project in Decatur, IL and former Curator at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield
- Victoria Ott, author of Confederate Daughters
I heartily recommend this event to any Lincoln or Civil War aficionados in the southeast. The ALLM hosts symposia every few years, and they’re always well worth attending. Last time, I was one of the folks scrambling around behind the scenes, and I still had fun. This year I’ll just sit back and enjoy the presentations.