The website gives history buffs, Civil War enthusiasts, and those who care about the preservation of Gettysburg’s Civil War significance a wide array of interactive features including:
- Photo sharing of ancestors who fought in the Civil War or a recent visit to Gettysburg.
- Essay sharing to upload Civil War stories passed down through the generations or an observation about the battlefield.
- Park ranger’s preservation blog.
- Historical blog, “This Great Task Before Us” profiling Union and Confederate soldiers.
- Gettysburg Rewards, a perks program offering discounts around Gettysburg, PA.
- Registration for members-only events.
- Member announcements from the Rupp House.
- Online store to purchase Civil War apparel, books…
- And more.
The Gettysburg Foundation’s Chief Development Officer, Jerry Moore, said, “Stage of Life delivered a totally unique experience for our members… we’ve received nothing but positive feedback.”
Since its launch, the interactive website has hosted over 10,000 visitors.
Eric Thiegs, CEO of Stage of Life LLC, added, “We’re honored our firm was selected to develop this project. It’s a chance to help preserve our nation’s history.”
If you’re not already a supporter of the Gettysburg Foundation, then these exclusive new website features should offer some added incentives. There are plenty of other perks, too, including free admission to visitor center programs, discounts at the park’s bookstore as well as other Gettysburg establishments, and a subscription to the newsletter. It’s a fine organization that does some very good work.